Downes Curtis Sail Loft
Built in 1899 as a school house, this local landmark was used as a sail loft by Downes Curtis and his brother Albert for sixty years. It was restored for use as a custom home in 2006 as a Maryland Historic Tax Credit project. Although major structural repairs and new mechanical and electrical systems were required, all of the original historic fabric was retained.
Recipient of the annual Heritage Award from the Historical Society of Talbot County, the American Institute of Architects DC Chapter Award of Merit for Historic Resources & the Washingtonian Award for Distinctive Residential Design